Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Time at the Jazz Conference in New Orleans

I can't think of a better time then getting together in a beautiful city with thousands of people all for the love of jazz. With shows, clinics, panels, discussions and of course seeing friends and colleagues you may have not seen in a while.

I arrived early Thursday morning to New Orleans, LA even with my flight having a slight delay. The flight was packed with great musicians, from legendary pianist Junior Mance to amazing drummer Matt Wilson and a bunch of Jazz Education Conferences attendees.
I was fortunate to have Litchfield Performing Arts and RS Berkeley(my saxophone endorsement) bring me down, so I did my best to split my time spent with them both. Not to mention trying to have time to meet a whole lot of new people, But it worked out perfectly!
(L:R) Albert Rivera, Vita Muir(LPA), Todd Feldman, Don Braden 



Friday came quickly and a bunch of the RS Berkeley endorsers got together to do an impromptu performance of "When The Saints Go Marching In" Fun times for all!
I always love these conferences, cause it builds up memories that last a long time.

Saturday went quick with my flight in the late afternoon, but I was able to have a great lunch and conversation with my good friend Frank Alkyer (Publisher of Downbeat Magazine) and a number of other people including saxophonists Claire Daly and Andrew Hadro as well as PR supervisor of Alfred Music Publishing Marina Terteryan and marketer/vocalist Carri Bugbee about the future of self marketing, career building and social media. Pretty intense, but I feel like I got a lot of it.

My flight back from JetBlue was quick and easy with fellow saxophonist Victor Goines(J@LC) among others and even happen to be sitting next to some jazz fans!
I head back to NY with a refreshed mind, and some great ideas. 2011 is just in it's beginning stages and words can't express how excited I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment