Monday, February 21, 2011

"Inner Peace" Goes Into The Film World

When you write music, especially for a record you always wonder who will end up listening, how far will it go, and of course, how people will receive it. Luckily my first record was well received. The critics said great things and above all the fans enjoyed it. But now with the second record available, would it live up to the hype and surpass it, or just be another record released.

I put my heart and soul in everything that I do. That includes the music I write, and I do my best so that it comes across that way when it's recorded. Cause then again...you really never know who's listening.

A few weeks ago I was contact by Ben Crowe, a well respected, award winning film director based out of the U.K. He heard the title track of my latest record "Inner Peace" (Turnaround Records 2010) and wanted to use it for a scene for his upcoming film. I'm pleased and beyond words in telling all of you that it has come to fruition.

This is something I've always dreamed about happening and I feel this is only the beginning.  The films title is Verity's Summer and it's do out in a few months in a number of film festivals. I can't thank Ben and his producer Emma enough for wanting one of my compositions in the film.

See the thing about being positive and believing in yourself is that it has the power of opening doors that may not show itself until you do. Positive attracts positive. You yourself, generally are the only one holding yourself back. The biggest wall to climb, the excuses your mind can come up with, the countless reason why you shouldn't because that just might be easier. The moment you leave that mindset behind is the moment you begin to live.

A quote that I once read speaks volumes to me as I write to you. "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not" -Author Unknown

So though I am truly excited for this opportunity, the thoughts and dreams I have for the future excited me just as much. I won't stop just to be the norm, instead I will continue to reach my dreams regardless of peoples ideas of what is possible and impossible.

What will be next for the life of Albert Rivera, his music and his life? I can only imagine, but for now, I'll have a smile, and give myself a pat on the back for what I consider.. a job well done.

2 comments: