Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'm running the 2013 NYC Marathon!

Yup, as crazy as that would have sounded to me only a couple of years ago last week I applied for my guarantee entry since in 2012, I did 9 road races and volunteered. $227 later, and a big ass smile - I know this will be an amazing experience.

Last weekend I tried something. I wanted to see how far I could take my body in a run. It started with a 4 mile run for the NYRR "Run as One" I felt so good and had already planned to run home. I got to the bronx and still felt great. When it was all said and done, I did my first ever 20 Mile run.

I guess I'm ready for the marathon, though I do have 6 more months of getting more miles in. I'm shooting for a 3:30 marathon. It's my goal, and I never give up on a goal. Nor should you. Whether it's a physical goal or mental.

I guess the point of this post is to remind everyone out there that in the beginning of  2011 I couldn't run a single mile with out  feeling like I was going to pass out... I got my life back, running along with weight training gave me my life back.
Oh how beautiful it is....This so called life and all it has to offer. #stay-focused



No comments:

Post a Comment